For over 100 Years, MetalTek International has been manufacturing custom castings in a variety of materials for demanding corrosion, wear, and high temperature environments. They offer a single source structure for vertical / horizontal centrifugal, sand, continuous and investment casting. Over 400 Ferrous and Non Ferrous alloys are available combined with proprietary cast materials for specific industries. MetalTek International has set the industry standard in design engineering, metallurgy and casting manufacturing.
- MetalTek provides concurrent engineering capabilities and deep metallurgical experience with hundreds of heat, wear and corrosion resistant alloys.
- The company’s broad in-house machining capabilities, fabrication facilities, rigorous quality systems, and advanced testing and certifications, enable them to manage the most simple to complex component projects.
- Operating from 6 facilities with customers in more than 25 countries, the MetalTek family of companies can trace their roots back into the 1800’s.
- Casting products include net shapes, rings, cylinders, rolls, bearings, bushings, brackets, grate systems, reheat furnace components, pump housings, structural components, impellers and basic shapes.
- Materials handled include bronze, nickel, copper based alloys, stainless steel, austentic, duplex, martensitic, nickel-copper, tool steel, carbon steel, low alloy steel, precipitation hardened stainless steel & cobalt based alloys.
- Markets served include petrochemicals, turbine engines, naval defense, power gen, power transfer, process equipment, metal working & mining & mineral processing.
- ISO 9001:2000, ISO 17025, AS 9100 & NADCAP Certified Nuclear ASME sec III Norsok, PED.
Metal Impact, LLC
Aluminum Impacts – Simple and Complex shapes
Simple and complex shapes are generally asymmetrical in shape, have tolerances ranging from +/-0.005 range, and require no special surface finish outside the normal range of the process. These products often require minimal tooling costs and may require other forms of secondary processing following the impact extrusion process. Examples of these types of products are air conditioning cans, power equipment, handles, and oxygen concentrators. Metal Impact’s capability to use automated press lines to produce high volumes at high production rates increases efficiencies.
Aluminum Impacts – Difficult to Manufacture
Metal Impact views the aluminum impact, difficult to manufacture product category, as its niche market. Product requirements in this category require much closer tolerances for size, concentricity, straightness, surface finish, and strength. These products usually require specialized processes utilizing multiple steps in the extrusion to consistently maintain the product requirements. Tolerances for size can be as close as +/- 0.001″ straightness requirements of 0.0005″ over a 1″ length, and surface finishes of 8 microns. Often times, the capabilities of a manufacturer to meet product requirements comes down to owning specialized equipment, using the right lubrication, or the industry experience and technical capabilities of the staff.